Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Climate & Temperature
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa is at 39°53'N, 75°15'W, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 12.4 degrees Celsius (54.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.7 °C (46.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 4.9°C (40.8°F) on average falling to -3.8°C (25.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.9°C (62.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 5.9°C (42.7°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29°C (84.1°F) and average low temperatures are 18.4°C (65.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 19.1°C (66.3°F) during the day and lows of 8.6°C (47.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1051.8 mm (41.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1051.8 Litres/m² (25.8 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2613 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Climate Graph in Metric Units
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Allentown/ A.-Bethlehem, Pa, Usa - 86.7 kms (53.8 miles) N
- Reading, Pa, Usa - 76.4 kms (47.5 miles) NW
- West Chester, Pa, Usa - 65.2 kms (40.5 miles) WNW
- Wilmington Porter Reservoir, De, Usa - 65.2 kms (40.5 miles) WNW
- Wilmington, De, Usa - 38.9 kms (24.2 miles) SW
- Denton, Md, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Dover, De, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Cambridge, Md, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Royal Oak, Md, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Port Jervis, Ny, Usa - 126 kms (78.3 miles) N
- Newark, Nj, Usa - 129.2 kms (80.3 miles) NE
- New Brunswick, Nj, Usa - 95.3 kms (59.3 miles) NE
- Hightstown, Nj, Usa - 25 kms (15.5 miles) ENE
- Moorestown, Nj, Usa - 25 kms (15.5 miles) ENE
- Tuckerton, Nj, Usa - 83.8 kms (52.1 miles) ESE
- Atlantic City, New Jersey, Usa - 75.8 kms (47.1 miles) SE
- Milford, De, Usa - 100.5 kms (62.5 miles) SSE