Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Climate & Temperature
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa is at 39°53'N, 75°15'W, 9 m (30 ft). See map.
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is situated in or near the warm temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 12.4 degrees Celsius (54.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.7 °C (46.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 4.9°C (40.8°F) on average falling to -3.8°C (25.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.9°C (62.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 5.9°C (42.7°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29°C (84.1°F) and average low temperatures are 18.4°C (65.2°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 19.1°C (66.3°F) during the day and lows of 8.6°C (47.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1051.8 mm (41.4 inches) which is equivalent to 1051.8 Litres/m² (25.8 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2613 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Allentown/ A.-Bethlehem, Pa, Usa - 86.7 kms (53.8 miles) N
- Reading, Pa, Usa - 76.4 kms (47.5 miles) NW
- West Chester, Pa, Usa - 65.2 kms (40.5 miles) WNW
- Wilmington Porter Reservoir, De, Usa - 65.2 kms (40.5 miles) WNW
- Wilmington, De, Usa - 38.9 kms (24.2 miles) SW
- Denton, Md, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Dover, De, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Cambridge, Md, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Royal Oak, Md, Usa - 117.5 kms (73 miles) SSW
- Port Jervis, Ny, Usa - 126 kms (78.3 miles) N
- Newark, Nj, Usa - 129.2 kms (80.3 miles) NE
- New Brunswick, Nj, Usa - 95.3 kms (59.3 miles) NE
- Hightstown, Nj, Usa - 25 kms (15.5 miles) ENE
- Moorestown, Nj, Usa - 25 kms (15.5 miles) ENE
- Tuckerton, Nj, Usa - 83.8 kms (52.1 miles) ESE
- Atlantic City, New Jersey, Usa - 75.8 kms (47.1 miles) SE
- Milford, De, Usa - 100.5 kms (62.5 miles) SSE